About the Programme
Sainsbury’s Active Kids for All Inclusive PE Training provides free training and resources to support teachers, trainee teachers and school staff to provide a high quality PE curriculum for all young people.
The programme has been established through a £1.6 million investment from Sainsbury’s and is delivered across the UK through a partnership between; Activity Alliance, Disability Sport Northern Ireland, Disability Sport Wales, Scottish Disability Sport, supported by the British Paralympic Association and the Youth Sport Trust. Since 2012, it has provided free training to over 10,000 individuals; benefiting over a quarter of a million young people with special educational needs and disabilities across the UK.
“It gave us the opportunity to evaluate our current PE offer and then provided the confidence and knowledge needed to ensure PE experiences are high quality for all of our learners.”
Tom, Leader of Learning for PE at Heath Park
What does the programme consist of?
The Inclusive PE Training Programme involves a free, face-to- face workshop which combines theory, discussion and practical, led by expert practitioners. The workshop is supported by interactive online resources available on this platform which have been specially designed to further improve your confidence, skills and knowledge in the delivery of inclusive PE.
What will I learn through the programme?
Sainsbury’s Active Kids for All Inclusive PE Training Programme has been designed to improve confidence, knowledge and skill in including, challenging and progressing all pupils within curriculum PE.
Through the workshop and these resources you will be supported to:
- Consider you current PE provision in the context of the learner’s journey
- Establish how and why some young people may be disengaged from PE
- Identify practical ideas to ensure all learners are included and making progress
- Understand effective communication
- Learn about other sources of relevant information.
“I plan to use this training in my lesson tomorrow! I can’t wait to use the ideas to improve my teaching.”
Daisy Corbett, Whiston Willis CP School
Who is the programme for?
- Teachers and school staff who support curriculum PE within primary and secondary schools
- Students in initial teacher training.
How can I get involved?
- Visit the workshop page to find upcoming Sainsbury’s Active Kids for All Inclusive PE Training workshops in your area or to register interest in hosting your own workshop.
- Sign up now to gain access to the Sainsbury’s Active Kids for All Inclusive PE Training supporting resources.