Collection of Personal Information
The RFU offers certain functions and services which, if you choose to use them, will require information from you in order to work, such as your name, email, address and mobile telephone number. The RFU will endeavour to let you know before your personal information is collected from you on the Internet.
Use of Personal Information
We use personal information for five primary purposes:
- To perform the services you have requested (such as administering your subscription to a free online service or processing orders from the Rugby Store)
- To make the site easier for you to use by not making you enter your personal information more than once
- To help you find what you're looking for quickly • To help us create and deliver content most relevant to you
- To alert you to new services, special offers, and other info, unless you have indicated otherwise
The RFU is very much aware that some people will not want their information used other than for the purposes for which it was supplied; some will want to receive information from the RFU on rugby issues only and others will want to receive more information.
The RFU will use your personal data for the administration of the game, but will give you the choice as to what information if any you wish to receive by e-mail.
In connection with commercial information, the categories have been divided into three groups, namely:
- Products and commercial services available from the RFU, its companies and RFU subsidiaries - these include Twickenham Experience Limited, England Rugby Travel Limited, Rugby Store and other RFU entities
- Products and services available from RFU official sponsors - these sponsors will be listed on the RFU website and, regularly, in Touchline
- Products and services available from RFU official sponsors' subsidiary or associate companies - the RFU will not be able to list these entities
The RFU has decided that for the first two categories you should be able to ‘Opt Out' of receiving the information, but that for the third category you will only receive it if you ‘Opt In'.
The RFU will not use (or pass to any third party) contact data on children under the age of 14 for any commercial mailing purposes.
Processing Your Data
If you choose to give us personal information to process an order or provide you with a subscription to a free service then this will be held and processed by the RFU in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The RFU may also need to transfer your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors who will process it on the RFU's behalf.
Providing you with information
The RFU may use your personal information to supply you with information about the RFU and/or its related organisations, and new (unless you have indicated otherwise) services offered to the game, as well as their respective activities and ranges of goods, services and opportunities (and otherwise where you have given your consent).
The RFU may also use your personal information for general statistical purposes. We also keep track of the domains from which users visit and analyse this data:
For trends and statistics and to evaluate the efficiency of our web site and our internet infrastructure To ensure that services offered (such as, but not limited to, chat and forums) are not abused
We may also use your information for detection of fraud and market research purposes.
The RFU web site contains links to other web sites.. The RFU is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of external web sites.